Conveyor Logistics Limited (CLL) has handled first-ever transportation of pipes to any project site in Bangladesh by Tow-Barge. 6,722 meters of 2.3-meter diameter HDPE pipes for Matarbari 1200 MW Coal-fired Power Plant Project were towed in 12 pipe-strings (6 pipe strings of length 500 meters and 6 pipe strings of length 620 meters). The total weight of pipes was 3,850tons.
The pipe-strings were towed by a Tow-Barge on a 16,300km voyage from Stathelle in Southern Norway to the Power Plant Project site in southern Bangladesh. Conveyor Logistics Limited is proud to have been associated with and handling this transportation of pipes by a unique floatation method first-ever adopted for a long-haul transportation of large diameter pipes. This is a new milestone achievement of Conveyor Logistics Limited.
The 72-day and 16,300-kilometer voyage from Stathelle in Southern Norway commenced on 19 August 2020 and had arrived on 30 October 2020, at its final destination of the Power Plant Project site at Matarbari, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
Salient Features of the Tow:
- Total Pipe Length: 6,722 meters
- Number of Pipe Strings: 12
- 6 Strings of length 620 meters
- 6 Strings of length 500 meters
- Diameter of Pipe: 2.3 meters
- Material of Pipe: High Density Poly-Ethylene (HDPE)
- Total Weight of Pipes: 3,850 tons
- Total length of the tow: Over 1,000 meters – including the tug boat and tug wire apart from the pipe strings
- Length of the Voyage: 16,300 kilometers
- Departure from Stathelle, Norway: 19 August 2020
- Arrival in Bangladesh: 30 October 2020
- Duration of the Voyage: 72 days